Terms & Conditions
WHAT CAN I PUT IN THE MIXED NON-HAZARDOUS WASTE SKIP?
Please read and understand before Checking out.
Skips are for general and inert waste such as soil, garden waste, paper, plastics, wood, old furniture etc. Any waste on the list below cannot be placed in a general waste skip. If you do produce any of the following waste please call 0161 703 8592 to arrange a quotation or to ask for advice.
PLACING ANY OF THESE ITEMS IN A GENERAL WASTE SKIP WILL INCUR ADDITIONAL CHARGES
- Plasterboard - By arrangement only
- Asbestos - Separate skip by arrangement only
- Fridges/Freezers - By arrangement only
- Televisions/Monitors/Computers - By arrangement only
- Flourescent/Sodium Lamps - Under no circumstances. Call for information
- Gas Cylinders/Empty Aerosols - Under no circumstances. Call for information
- Tyres - Under no circumstances. Call for information
- Solvent Paint Cans / empty Silicone Tubes / Adhesive Packaging / empty Glue Packaging / Hilti Gun Cartridges - Call for Advice and Help
- Clinical/Medical Waste - Under no circumstances. Call for information
- Solvents - Under no circumstances. Call for information
- Liquids - Under no circumstances. Call for information
- Oil - Under no circumstances. Call for information
- Car Batteries - By arrangement only
- Hazardous/Toxic Material - Call for a quote not in general waste skip
- Food Waste - Under no circumstances. Call for information
- Large Tree Stumps and Roots - No larger than 2 inches diameter
Terms and Conditions
- 1 General
- 1.1 Kenny Waste Management cannot and will not be held responsible for any damage caused whatsoever if the hirer request the company driver to take his
vehicle off the Public Highway to deliver/position the skip in a location requested by the hirer or their representatives. Kenny Waste Management will not
be held liable for damage caused to any person or property once the vehicle leaves the public highway as requested above.
- 1.2 Kenny Waste Management will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by failure to supply, or any delay in supply which may be caused directly or
indirectly by any circumstances beyond our control, including act of God, fire, accident, breakdown of machinery, shortage of labour or material, or by an
act of neglect on the part of the customer.
- 1.3 The time allowed for loading/unloading is 15 minutes. If the vehicle is kept waiting longer than this Kenny Waste Management reserves the right to charge
- 1.4 Kenny Waste Management reserves the right to charge the customer for all costs incurred as a result of a cancellation or variation of the whole or a
substantial part of an order, together with loss of profit and all other consequential loss.
- 2 Skip Hire
- 2.1 Asbestos, fridges, freezers, televisions/monitors, tyres, fluorescent/sodium lamps, gas cylinders, plasterboard, or any waste deemed as hazardous by an
absolute or mirror entry in the European Waste Catalogue (Article 1(4) of the Hazardous Waste Directive 91/689/EC) must not be placed in the skip container
unless by prior written agreement with the company.
- 2.2 It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that skips placed on the highway or public places have the permission of the local highway authority and are
adequately lit and coned off in accordance with the Highways Act 1980. Kenny Waste Management can organise permits at an additional cost to the hirer.
- 2.3 The hirer shall ensure that the skip is not overloaded by weight or by volume at the point of collection. 8yd skips should be loaded so that it is filled no
higher than the top of it’s sides. 12yd, 16yd, 25yd up to 40yd roll on-off are only to be used for light waste or loaded no more than the maximum legal road
limit (16 tons). Kenny Waste Management reserves the right to refuse to collect overloaded skips and any costs incurred due to unsafe loads/overloading
(including wasted journeys) will be passed on to the hirer. Additional charges may be levied.
- OVERLOADING WILL ALWAYS INCUR EXCESS CHARGES
- 2.4 The lighting of fires in or near skips is strictly prohibited. The hirer will be liable for any loss or damage to the skip container (excluding fair wear and tear) during the term of the skip hire period, and will be charged the current purchase price of the skip. Once a skip has been placed, it shall not be repositioned without prior consent from Kenny Waste Management. Moving skips on site could result in inability to collect skip.
- 2.5 The maximum rental period is 14 days for “non-account” customers and 28 days for “Account” customers. It is the responsibility of the hirer to request the collection within this time. Failure to do so will result in unannounced collection and/or rental charges being incurred of £3.50 per day for Roll On-Offs and £1.50 per day for 4,6,8, & 12yd skips.
- 2.6 The responsibility for the skip remains with the hirer until collected by a Kenny Waste Management vehicle. Any skips which are removed whilst in the control of the hirer will be charged at full replacement value.
- 3 Tipping / Waste Disposal
- 3.1 Kenny Waste Management is registered with the Environmental Agency as a waste carrier, and all landfill or disposal sites used are correctly licensed and/or approved.
- 3.2 Customers using Kenny Waste Management landfill or disposal sites do so entirely at their own risk. Kenny Waste Management accepts no responsibility for damage or injury of any nature that may occur to persons or vehicles using these sites.
- 3.3 Vehicles may only use such portions of the sites as are allocated to them.
- 3.4 Only waste permitted under the waste permit licences or exemptions may be deposited on the sites.
- 3.5 Kenny Waste Management reserves the right to refuse any materials which it considers to be objectionable or unsuitable for deposit on the company’s sites.
- 3.6 Material for deposit on our sites will only be accepted from registered waste carriers, and must be accompanied by a controlled waste transfer note stating a description of the waste (with EWC code), the source of the waste and the details of the waste carrier, including carrier registration number. Environmental Protection (Duty of Care) Regulations 1991.
- 4 Sale of Materials
- 4.1 All materials are sold on the basis that the weight or quantity is as stated on the conveyance note. Kenny Waste Management will not accept any responsibility once the load has been discharged and accepted by the onsite signatory.
- 4.2 Unless expressly agreed in writing Kenny Waste Management prices are for materials as stated on the quotation. Where the customer requires an alteration in the grade or type of material, or where it becomes necessary to supply from another source, an extra charge may be made for any additional costs which may be incurred by Kenny Waste Management.
- 4.3 Risk in the goods shall pass to the customer on delivery.
- 5 Payment Terms
- 5.1 Payment due 30 days from date of invoice, or end of the month following delivery (subject to written agreement) unless otherwise agreed in writing by Kenny Waste Management.
- 6 Refunds & Returns
- 6.1 A full refund will be given provided the skip has not been delivered or been dispatched.
- 6.2 If the skip has been dispatched but has not been delivered a partial refund will be given. This is dependent upon the mileage and time taken to process the job.
- 6.3 If the skip has been delivered and is rejected upon delivery a partial refund will be given based on mileage and time to process the job.
- 7 Delivery
- 7.1 Delivery is scheduled for the date specified.
What we offer
- Lidded/locking options available.
- Full waste documentation is supplied.
- Guaranteed Collection -
when you need it.
Quick enquiry form
Not sure what you want? Got a question? Just add in your details and one of ourteam will get back to you shortly.